…or the “Obligatory Thanksgiving Blog Post.” 😉
- My mom never made us eat cranberry sauce from a can. That stuff is an abomination against all that is right and good in the world.
- No one in my family ever got shot on Thanksgiving. Seriously, think about it: half the family goes out hunting all morning while the rest stay in and cook, then everyone spends all afternoon drinking beer and watching football. Guns + booze + opposing teams + deeply buried family tensions = recipe for violent death. I’m frankly amazed Thanksgiving isn’t the biggest homicide day of the year.
- My day job let me skip years of awkward meals with my in-laws because I worked Thursdays. By the time I quit, they’d given up on big family get-togethers, so it all worked out in the end.
- The nut roast recipe I found online 15 years ago and have made every year since. Seriously this thing is SOOOO delicious, I started getting excited about making it back in October.
- Going to see all the wonderful decorations the town and mall put up for the holidays! Oh, wait, they’ve been up since October. Never mind.
Got any Thanksgiving traditions you’d like to share?
Psst: Come back on Friday for the Black Friday Blog Hop! It’s a ONE DAY hop where we’re giving away prizes, talking about books we love, and most likely eating left over
turkey nut roast. And while we do that, we are EACH doing a giveaway. Yep. There will be over 200 giveaways on each blog hosted by that Author or Blogger.
But that’s not all….
We have THREE grand prizes. You as a reader can go to EACH blog and comment with your email address and be entered to win. Yep, you can enter over 200 times!
Now what are those prizes?
1st Grand Prize: A Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet
2nd Grand Prize: A $75 Amazon or B&N Gift Card